Monday, August 31, 2009

Being Uncomfortable.

Have you ever been really really uncomfortable.? and with all of that came alot of fear. the fear of having to step outside of all of the comfort and outside of everything that makes your warm.
Especially coming from my perspective, a recovering alcoholic, the warmth and comfort is what I have come to rely on as a harbor in the storm.
Of course I retreat into what is sure, what I have built up around me in the last year and half. the reconstruction of my life that has been undertaken. sometimes I catch myself thinking about the destination.. and failing to see that the journey is what it is all about. I always have my level of comfort.. I never really thought of getting outside that comfort level.
but I heard something really good.. When you are uncomfortable, you are growing. I have been experiencing that alot today, and I am really liking it. Embracing the uncomfortable , knowing that it is what is moving me forward... trying to see the fear. and being aware of it.

1 comment:

  1. i must be growing a lot lately, lol...

    i dont seem to like it as much as you however, maybe i should start looking at it differently...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think....