Thursday, September 3, 2009

Apples and Oranges..

It is quite a beautiful day where I am... I have the whole day off and I am really getting alot out of the sun. I had quite the day yesterday. It started out with me being late to work for the first time ever. That was really fun, but hey it was the first time. and it was totally 100% my fault. I totally forgot to check Mr. iPhone before i went to sleep.. i think that my mind was somewhere else... I woke up with plenty of time.. I was going though my morning thing. getting ready to get some coffee and get on the internet machine.. and I got a text from a co-worker... asking me where i was. I am very very appriciative of this friend.. because she saved me from alot of headache.. so that is that. one point.. first one ever. everyone else has them.. and that is going to be my last.. no more assuming my schedule.
work was good.. but I really needed a meeting. and thank God for my Wednesday night mens meeting.. I couldnt wait to get there... and the meeting didnt disappoint. Someone that I really respect was the chair... and I got alot out of it.. exactly what i needed... then at the end. Someone spoke up.. and wanted to let everyone know about something that had happened to his son the night before.. he was found in a ditch, face down, choking on his own vomit... an angel saw all of this from across the street and ran over and turned him over.. saving his life. he went to the hospital.. and had a blood alcohol level of .4. he almost died... and got really scared in the process... the dad went to thank the lady yesterday.. and she had a 4 foot statue of St. Francis in her front yard... and my friend asked me if i would take his son to his first meeting, thats fucking awesome.
i left the meeting feeling full of life and loving this gift called sobriety.. and i was getting worried about a friend of mine. who i hadnt talked to in quite awhile. I needed to check in for me.. and i totally admit that. I need it. I ended up going into "old school richie" mode for a second and took somethings the wrong way. i feel that make progress everyday.. and then sometimes i revert back to old behavior not really meaning too.. until it happens.. i see my part in all of it. I guess i can thank the process of my 4th step for that..
when it is all said and done.. i am exactly where i am supposed to be. i have everything in front of me.. life, friendship, my sobriety, my future...
when i take a step back.. and look at the whole picture. I am quite fortunate for where i am at. even with the ups and downs.. such is life. and i get to be here for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....