Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Ice Cream Cone..

So I have this recurring thought that I have had since I was really young. It must have happened a LONG time ago.. It was when I was with my family in Maine. We used to vacation there almost every year.. during the summer. I can remember holding on to an ice cream cone... down by the town pier. I can remember that the cone was that vanilla swirl soft serve stuff that is always really good... The kind of stuff that I love now (thanks sobriety) I can also recall that the cone was dipped in cherry or strawberry hard coating stuff.
The next thing that I can remember about it was crying... and feeling sorry for myself. I dont know if the ice cream fell. or what happened to me.. all that I can remember is crying. And this over welming feeling of self pity...
Its crazy the memories that you can recall.. even after all of these years later. It makes you think what they all really mean.. what is their place in the grand scheme of things..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....