Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oh How Soon I Forget..

It really does happen to an alcoholic insane person like myself. I sometimes forget where it is that I came from.. what I have gone through.... and what I did to get here. Wow... how soon I do forget what is important to me.
Tonight.. I went to a really great meeting. One that I had heard about from alot of my friends in the program. but had never been to. When I went into the room.... there were alot of familiar faces in the room. People that were like signposts in my recovery. One of the first people that I had seen when I went into my recovery house.. one of the people that I had lived with when I was in my sober living house... it was really great.
I ended up chairing the meeting. And it was exactly what i needed. I needed a reminder... the reason why i was here. and the reason that I have what I have. God... and the Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....