Saturday, January 31, 2009

Possible

I took a friends son to his first meeting tonight...and this son of
his is now a friend of mine. The friend is young...and we went to one of
my home groups..which happens to be a young peoples meeting.
Just to know that you are not alone in all of this is so big. When I
first saw that...it made this recovery thing just a little more
realistic. Something that I could really touch. People were right
there..on a common path. There were people that knew how to do it.
Where it was safe to walk..had a torch to light the way.
It was cool to see someone new see that first glint of light. The
possibility of hope.
It all starts...everyday...over and over again...with one alcoholic
talking to another alcoholic. I love that shit..

2 comments:

  1. This post gave me a smile. It's about giving back. Your using those guidelines that were given to you, to help your new young friend find his way. Seeing that light go off in anothers eyes...nothing compares. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY twelve step work! That's what it's all about, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think....