Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Every second counts

I think about all of the events that got me to where I am at right
now. How if even one was absent maybe I would be in a totally
different place. Maybe I would still be full blown drinking and using...
Over the weekend I got to talk to people that I hadn't talked to in a
long time. It was good because I was filled in on some of the gaps in
the last couple of years. Some of those were some pretty big gaps. I
was reminded of how I treated some people. Reminded of some of my
behavior patterns that were so obvious to so many people...and that I
was so oblivious to. All of the things that I was thinking I was
getting away with...that I wasn't at all.
A total learning experence that teaches me how important every single
moment really is.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how different life appears through sober eyes, definitely not what we originally thought we had with our rose colored lens on. The biggest shock to me, was how much time I had lost (and we do lose time slots). Your definitely on your way to staying sober and keeping it in the day.

    My favorite thing, is noticing all the little things that surround us on any given day. Those moments when before wouldn't have moved us at all. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think....