Sunday, January 11, 2009

a whole new look...

Hello there all...
So here is my report from San Francisco...Had a great night last night with all of my old friends...It was really great to see them. and get caught up on all of the shit that is going on up here. and there is alot of it...and it seems to be all the same old bullshit. Same shit different day...Im glad that I have broken out of that mold...and last night while i was at my old bar the strangest thing happened...for the first time ever in the ol 540 Club...I didnt want to have a shot. I couldnt fucking believe it. What a miracle...surrounded by all of the old players..i didnt want to drink. It just want there. and all that i could do was smile...
there was alot of ego stroking...everyone said how great i looked. and how something was just different...yeah...no shit. Things were they way that they were supposed to be...
The one thing that I realized being here is that I am supposed to be in Monterey...100% supposed to be in Monterey..Im exactly where i am supposed to be. I miss the City...but Im not supposed to be here right now...
So there it is people..my first report. and my last report from my ol stomping ground...i come out unscathed. sober...and smiling

2 comments:

  1. YAY sobriety. Very good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that feeling is so familiar. I remember a year after I had quit drinking going into a bar. Those that knew me, asked the normal questions. When I said I didn't drink anymore, the questions became more along the lines of whats wrong with you. Finally I said without missing a beat, it's more fun watching everyone else make fools of themselves sober. Needless to say I ended up with a wide berth around me at the bar. I was able to enjoy the band - they...made fools out of themselves. Glad you came out of it unscathed. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think....