Monday, September 14, 2009

So here we go. Vacation.

Whats up everyone. Today is the first day of my vacation to Portland. and really it is my first vacation in sobriety.. ever. Im really excited to be off of work and at the airport. Everything is packed and I hope that I havent forgotten anything.. I kind of feel like a real dork.. but whatever, I dont care. The first thing that has happened to me so far was that I was patted down by the TSA. and I was trying to think about how that would of been if I had been drunk. because the last time that I traveded by myself I was toasted.
After all of the frisking I walked by the one of the airport bars. and the bartender was sitting in there all by herself... with no one to keep her company. I thought about how i would of been right there drinking at 11 in the morning back in the day. As a matter of fact I would of been there just about 2 years ago. I used to love drinking at the airport. It was part of the fun.
I do remember the last time that I was at the airport and I was drunk. I was fucking miserable. I was sweaty. and drunk. I remember thinking... this has to stop. I just don't know how its going to. That was the trip that took me into rehab.. I went into the coma 2 days later. Wow... how and experience like that can change everything. and how it did for me....
I remember the complete insanity... and how my brain was working.. and the chemicals that were controlling it. and how i feel right now. right at the start of something so good... and positive.. and possibly life changing. What am i saying...every experience in soberity is life changing..
See you guys soon. I will be posting pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....