Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day Two. Little Jack.. and the Show.



My second day in Portland was awesome. I really loved roaming around town all day today. Its a great city to walk around and take public transit in. and I am all about public transit.. and the public transit in Portland is freaking awesome. the only other real viable public transit systems that i have been exposed to is in SF. and you know how much LOVES MUNI. yes... that is sarcasm. but out of all of the people that I have talked to around here about Tri-Met.. all that I hear from people is good things.. and I hear the word... LOVE. and that is really wierd to me when talking about transit..
I went to a meeting today. I know... I really really needed one. I love the fact that I can go to meetings in other places. I know that I have talked about this in the past.. but I love AA. and today was antoher reason why AA is such a way of life for me.. I checked the schedule... which is HUGE. and I found that there was a mens meeting at noon. and that was awesome.. a mens closed meeting at noon. I would kill for that shit in Monterey... and I told the guys that when I shared. So the meeting was just what i needed.. it really feels like this whole trip has been just what I needed.
After that I got back on the Portland Streetcar and got a hold of an old friend. Someone who has alot to do with my history.. and I havent seen him or his wife and son in a long time. So we got to hang out and talk about life and how much everything has changed in both of our lives..It was really great..
So above you will see a clip of Little Jack.. and his explanation of the Sun. and it is awesome.

The later on in the night... I went to a show at the Crystal Ballroom. This was the excuse for me to actually come up to Portland in the first place. To come and see a band that a friend had introduced me to awhile ago. and the played first.. at 8. Oh, by the way... We biked from his house all the way across the river and into downtown.. and I had never done that before. and it was awesome. my legs and ass still hurt...
The show was awesome...the band..called Amusement Parks on Fire was awesome. We didnt even stay of the other two band.. because that is what we came to see. Overall the day was so great... and I am starting to see things for what they are.. God is showing me what i need to see. Just like he always does... in his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....