Thursday, September 17, 2009

Off... With Another Lesson Learned.

Alright everyone. I am just about to get on the plane to go back to the bay area. and I have a little time to reflect on the past couple of days as i wait for the plane. Actually I really dont have that much time. So lets see how much that I can type before i get the call.
What a trip. I saw alot of great things about Portland that I wanted to see. There were alot of questions that I needed to answer about P-town.. Like how is the recovery. How is the message being carried. ...Like i am some saint of the message.
The message was awesome.. but I did only go to one meeting while i was here. And it was a great meeting..
How are the people up here? Well I got to see alot of old friends that I havent seen in a long time..
Another thing that I did notice was the network of really good people that my friends had around them. and they did alot of outdoor activities. Thats the thing that I really want to get into more... outdoor stuff.
Getting around the City was a really great thing. Like I said last night.. I biked around town with my friend.. and it was the first time that I had ever done that.. everyone in that town is on a bike. Being outside and getting exercise. Another place that I wanted to be..
The public transit was another great thing about Portland. getting around when you are not on the bike is really easy too.. and pretty cheap.
Overall.. the trip was exactly what i needed. It answered some questions that i had for myself too. Like i need to slow down with all of these plans that I have. Like I know what needs to be happening. I learned a renewed appreciation for my job. I have always loved my job.. but seeing how many people are out of work up in Oregon... I am SO happy to have a job.. and a job that I love.
So the bottom line is.. that everything is happening just like its supposed to.

1 comment:

Let me know what you think....