Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Affection

I was just thinking about how I really sometimes need outside forces for my own well-being...and i know that probably really doesnt make any sense to anyone but me...just knowing that other people love me is what i mean. and the thing is that I already know this to be true. I am told by so many people all of the time that they love me...that i am an essential part of their lives...
but somewhere deep down inside of me i still need satisfaction....so what ill do is send out random text messages...just to see who loves me...
i know that it sounds stupid...but i think that its been like this for as long as i can remember...just knowing that someone out there loves me...
but the difference now is that I know that I have a higher power out there..that really cares.

3 comments:

  1. wow, i really know how you feel, weird.
    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey darln'...I think that a little re-affirmation that we are important to someone is normal. Wanting to be loved is normal. It is when we start to compromise our own morals or beliefs that it becomes dangerous (speaking from experience), when we start to settle for the love of anyone, that it becomes dangerous. Always remember, your family loves you, your AA family loves you, your blogger family loves you, your Higher Power loves you and I think, because you got sober, that you are at least learning to love yourself. And that my dear friend, is the greatest love of all.
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a reaffirmation that we are someone to another. Over time hopefully you won't need it so much. As we change our behavior and strive to be a better person, that added bonus of knowing someone gets it and loves us just as well...is priceless. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think....