Thursday, October 29, 2009

An Experience that Ill never forget..


I love being in the right place at the right time.. seems like I always used to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.. but that really has changed in the last 20 months or so.
Today I went to a local middle school and hung out with the kids for awhile. I was invited to talk to the entire school about my experience with alcohol and drugs.. and all of the stuff that comes with it.  I have known about this for awhile now so I really had time to think about it... and that probably wasnt the best thing for me.. today when I got up I was going over everything in my head.. and then I thought of it as if I was going to share in a AA meeting. With a different audience.. a very different audience..
I got to talk to alot of kids.. sixth, seventh and eighth graders about things that are really effecting them on a daily basis.. and if it wasnt effecting them yet, it was going to in the future. I really just forgot about all of that thinking and planning that I had done before speaking and just shot from the hip.
It was a very very memorable experience. and it is something that I will never forget. something that I will never forget is questions that these kids asked. Right to the point and really no holds barred. I was impressed..
Its just another example of the awesome things that I get to do because I am sober. Another beautiful day in sobriety...
Its a really awesome thing that Jake Glazier and all of the teachers at CMS have done. I am really stoked that they let me come and hang out with them...

News Story about my aloha homies.

1 comment:

Let me know what you think....