Friday, October 16, 2009

I am Glad that I have this..

This really is a way to live.. that is really the main thing that I have gained over the past 600 days of sobriety... thats right I have 600 days today.. I remember when I first heard someone say that this was a design for living. I didnt know what that meant.. but it made me curious. I thought that I had a freat way of living all along.. thinking that everything was really alright.. then the wheels came off of the thing..
The reason that I give this entry the title that I did is that I really AM glad that I have this program.. because I dont know where I would be if it wasnt such a major part of my life. I think that I would be drunk or even worse... dead. Today was a pretty hard day at first.. I woke up and I was really out of sorts. I didnt know which way was up. Thinking about alot of the things that have happened in these 600 days and for some reason a dark cloud settled over my head... and I was off to work. Work is a place that I cannot afford a black cloud over my head... so what did i do. I relied on my higher power.. and I said a prayer. For him to take it.. and he did. the rest of the day went very smooth like.. and when I could feel myself getting a little crooked.. i just looked outside and closed my eyes... and said a prayer..
i am glad to be here.. and I am glad to be alive. and sober. love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....