Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So Easy I do forget..

It is really easy for me to forget what it is that I am doing here. I am here to do work.. and that is the choice that I made almost 2 years ago. And there is sometimes that I forget just how deadly this whole thing is to us. But tonight I had one of those moments that really slapped me in the face. and it always has to do woth a newcomer... someone that is fresh and new.. beaten and broken.. with that look in their eyes.. the thousand mile stare... looking out onto us.. for help.
That is the reason that I am here. to help others.. to stay sober and help others t achieve sobriety..
Im super stoked.. tomorrow... I get to go speak to an assembly of middle schoolers... about drugs, alcohol, and choices.. this is what i signed up for.. yeah... 

1 comment:

  1. On my desk is a copy of our Book..The Big Book. Often I pick it up to read page 11, 86/87, and 163... but in the conclusion to Dr Bob's Nightmare is the key to work with newcomers and the basis for our 5th tradition. Dr Bob wrote: I spend a great deal of time passing on what I learned to others who want and need it badly (a key qualifier-want). I do it for four reason: A sense of duty, it is a pleasure, because in doing so I repay the debt to the man who took the time to pass it on to me and because every time I do I take out a little insurance for myself against a possible slip!...or something fairly close to that... AA number 3 (the man on the bed, Bill Dotson) is a classic account of how to carry out message... a message of hope to the one who suffers... God Bless Bro!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think....