Friday, December 11, 2009

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul

Hey there all...
Just went and saw a movie on my day off from work. It's called Invictus and it stars two of my favorite actors of all time.... Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon. I have been wanting to see this movie for a really long time. I have been really interested in South Africa and Nelson Mandela for awhile... The man always has been an inspiration for me.. The movie is about the South African Rugby team and the 1995 World Cup.. and how Mandela and the teams captain move to unite the country behind the team.
In the movie.. Nelson Mandela shares a poem that gave him inspiration during his 27 years of imprisonment .... It really moved me. So Im going to reprint it here.. I think that you will like it.. I do. It is a real inspiration to me.. being where I am at in life.. and what I have been through to get there..
I heard a really good friend say at a meeting last week about having his first baby... that he just is enjoying being where he is at.. the love of the journey and not so much the destination.

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley 



Hope that everyone is doing good.. Talk to you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....