Saturday, July 25, 2009

Such is Life

So I went to a show tonight.. one of the first ones that I have ever gone to sober. Well I have been to a few since I stopped drinking. but for some reason this one was really pretty different.
It was in a small club in downtown San Jose that really reminded me of one of the bars that I used to work in. I really liked it... the vibe, the look, pretty much everything. All of the people that were milling around.. with their drinks. One thing that I realized when I was looking around was how there really wasnt anyone that was totally shit-canned.... like i would of been. Actually I wouldnt of even of been at a show.. I would of been as far as I could be away from that large of a group of people.. I remember when I was towards the end of my drinking.. that kind of crowd would of scared the shit out of me.
The show was really good. And I could really see everything.. maybe that was because there was no one tall that was in front of me..
no... it's because I was sober and present to see it. And I was really glad that I was. I told the friend that I was there with... that I think that I could really enjoy live shows... now that I really dont have to preoccupied with the booze.. how much booze do i have.... are there any booze at home... and if i would get back to the hood in time for last call. Who knows... maybe my 30's will be all about live music. such is life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....