Saturday, December 27, 2008

the nature of our business

Its just the way that things happen around us alcoholics and addicts. People that we are close to and that mean the world to us in our recovery go out. I know that I talk about this alot in my blog. but it is one of those constants..something that always happens. It just reminds me how this thing works...and how so very close i am to the thing that wants to kill me...
I seemed to have reached a turning point when it comes to people around me going out...I really used to take it personally...like it was something that i did. Or that I do enough to prevent it...Now im just really happy when the person that goes out comes back in out of the cold....I mean thats all that really matters when it all comes down to it...because that small time out could be the time that kills you..
So now...Im just glad that these people are back...some are back with a whole new lease on life. because they see, like i did, that they really arent missing that much out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....