Thursday, December 25, 2008

Home again..home again...

When I come home...back to Ventura I mean. I really remember where it
is that I came from. I mean the real roots of my life. Looking back on
it with some perspective I realize that I really had an alright
upbringing...I actually had a great upbringing.
It's so sureal to come back here a year later...after all that has
happened in the last year. The hardest and greatest year that I have
ever had. To come back here sober and to fellowship with other people
in recovery in my hometown. And there are many...
I went to two really great young peoples meetings while I was
here..they were both small, but they we both exactly where I was
supposed to be. Around people who were dealing with the same things in
recovery that I was. Young people who are as down for their recovery
as I am. It's just so fucking good to be sober. It's so good to be
able to look at an upcoming year with optimism...and not the same
false hope...that something was going to be different this year.
Somehow things would change and I would have nothing to do with it. It
would just happen...and I could keep doing the same old things as
before.
I know better then then that now. Things have changed...and it's has
nothing to do with me. It's all because of my higher power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....