Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The jumping off point...

That's what it's called in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anoymous...the
jumping off place.
Someday he will be able to imagine his life niether with or without
alcohol. That's where I was a year ago....
Exactly one year ago I was on my way to the emergency room...with all
of my denial completely shattered. I was at the most lonely place a
person can be. Completely scared..not knowing how to make it all just
stop...
Not knowing what the next step was to be.
I would wake up a couple of days later...not knowing where I was. Not
knowing what had happened. All that I knew was that the gig was up.
And I was beaten by alcohol.
All that I really wanted was just to get right and I would be good.
Back up on my feet...right back behind the bar..in the middle of the
party that I had created. The party that nearly killed me.
I am glad that it took what it took to get me to the jumping off
point. Because it got me here...one year later.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a Gratitude List to me--and ya cannot go wrong with a GL IMO.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think....