Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Momentous


So yesterday.. when all of the stuff that I have described earlier was going on I got a text from a new friend.... someone who I had never met before but I knew that they were already a friend.

It was someone who was asking for some support and love so that they could get sober. Of all the things to happen to remind me of my primary purpose on this planet... that happened.

To Stay Sober... and to help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.

Yep that pretty much describes everything in a nut shell right there doesn't it. When someone reaches out I want my hand to be there. It was a total God Shot for me... right when I needed it. It would help take myself out of my own head and focus on someone who needed help.. amazing.

I remember when I was trying to get sober.. and the people who's hands were there were the people who were the ones that I would always look to.

I have a really good feeling about this year. I think that there are going to be some major life changing events that fill it. Like they do every year... this one is going to have more of them with even more of them being significant.

There have been many ups and downs this year. Different people have crossed my path. Even a very special one... I don't know what is going to happen in the future and I have no control over it.

Here is to 2013 and what it brought me... who it brought into my life. Here is to the future and all of its blind beauty... it keeps me warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....