Saturday, January 4, 2014

Letting Go


Easier said then done.. for sure.

I have been thinking about the Third Step a lot lately.. a lot about the third step prayer. I have been having a lot of troubles letting go lately. There are somethings that I am holding on to... very tight. Well less tight then I was a couple of days ago.

I know that this is the key and that it will get better as the time goes by. I still don't have to like what is going on even though i know that it is the best thing that can be happening to me right now.

Having to let go and give up the power that I had taken back from my higher power is something that I don't like doing. Even though I know that this is essential for my ongoing health and happiness.

I go on tangents in my head about what is happening in the other persons life... and if that person still cares about me. If that person still loves me.... and all of that stuff does not matter really because I know that whatever is going to happen is going to happen. I have so much evidence about how that person feels about me... based on the things that have been said to me and what that person has done for me.

These are the things that go through my head.... less and less as times go by. There are things that make them pop into my head without warning. Like going to the movies by myself...and going to the town that the person is from.

The third step is essential right now in my life. Giving up the power...

1 comment:

Let me know what you think....