Monday, February 18, 2013

Will and Life

I went to a pretty awesome meditation tonight and really enjoyed it. This is something that I would of thought was completely foreign only a couple of years ago.... tonight is was just right for me.
After the meditation we went into a discussion on the third step..... giving my will and my life over to a power greater then myself.
A great point was made that I used to turn my will and my life over to something all of the time. Even though I always thought that I was in control. Alcohol and drugs had me completely by the neck... all of the time. It was something that is very obvious to me now but back then it was not very apparent to me.
I have a new awareness that I never had before. Maybe it was because I was able to sit mostly still with myself for 20 minutes. I have to be appreciative of this disease that I have because it has led me to things like I was a part of tonight. It has opened the door to a whole different world for me.

I used to think that quitting drinking was death... but then again.. death is but a door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....