Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Two Weeks Away....

God willing... two weeks from today I am going to have 5 years of sobriety. I know that you are not supposed to say that before the thing happens.. ..... but I know who I am. I know that tomorrow I am not going to have a drink... and hopefully the day after that I will not have a drink either.

It's so crazy to me that I can say that now. Just like it is second nature to me now. I remember when I first heard in the Big Book that I would recoil from alcohol like from a hot flame.... how distant I thought that was. How I wanted that so much.....

What I am thinking about doing over the next two weeks is re-posting some of my favorite blog postings of mine from the past almost 5 years. I think that it is a good idea and it makes me look back on some of the vivid moments that I have captured over that time.

So here is my first one. I think that it pretty much captures it.


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Let's Get this Show on the Road.

So today I have a day off. I am pretty excited about the whole thing... really I am. I love my job, but a day off is quite beautiful. I am heading back up to the City of San Francisco for the first time in awhile.. I am going to be staying with my big sis up there.. So tonight should be a really good night.
Today in my morning meeting we talked about gratitude and where you are now. I felt compelled to chime in and offer my two cents about the whole thing. I described where my life has taken me in the last two years and how much that it means to me.

Its funny sometimes. Somebody asked me a couple of days ago why my life revolves around AA and recovery. This person wasnt in recovery obviously and didnt have any kind of program. To them AA was kind of a burden that you had to graduate from. I have heard from alot of wise people that AA I will never graduate from. There is always something to learn. I don't think that I ever want to gradate from this school of spirituality and nice slow geologic change. I quite nice where I am.. and I love where I am going.

Here is the link to the page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....