Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Old Times..and Old Friends

I got to see a really great friend of mine that I havent seen in 2 years over the weekend. Not only did i get to see him but I also got to see his whole family...which was really a treat. They were really big parts of my high school years and many years after. This friend of mine is a really special friend..because not matter what happens...or how much time has gone buy it always seems like w ehave never missed a beat with each other. and I really dont have any other friends that i have had for that long that I can say that about..It almost scary. He is one of those people that is totally going to be in my wedding...even though I have only seen him a handful of time since I left my home town...
Then again...seeing him reminds me time is a going by. Im almost 30. and really I cant wait for my 30's because everyone that I have talked to that are over 30 say that they LOVED their 30's. The ones that I have talked to that say that they hated their 30's and that they really just wish that they could go back to their 20's remind me of those people that are in meetings that have a boatload of time but have nothing that I want.
My brother is coming up to see me and hang out tomorrow...and I am really looking forward to it. My brother and I's relationship has grown very much stronger since I got sober. It was always pretty strong but I know that this whole thing has really just cementeted it for ever...He was the one that took me back to treatment after I relapsed. That is something that neither him or I will ever forget. but just like old times...that is in the past.
Have a happy Tuesday all...love you tons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....