Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another Day... Another Decision

Really important decisions are made everyday by all kinds of people. Decisions that effect their lives and the lives of other people around them...things that will make or brake them.
Decisions are a part of life for most people.. for me they were always pushed to the side. Like they could be taken care of later. Like they didnt deserve my attention. Some of this lacking really in the end hurt me and other people.
Now that I am sober. I get to make decisions on a daily basis... and i get to see people make choices that will change their lives forever. These monumental scary decisions..that have everything riding on them.
I remember how scary it was to go to treatment for the first time. I think because there was so much fear of the unknown. I was always wanting to be in control of everything around me. The master of my domain. When I finally did let go and give up my fighting... was the moment that I realized that I was finally safe.
And safety was all that I ever wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....