Saturday, May 16, 2009

No Matter What Happens....

Somedays when I wake up in the morning I arise in kind of a funk, and I dont know what its all about. Its the funk that I used to wake up with all of the time. The way that i was so used to feeling every single day. Always waking up with a big hangover...
I went to my meeting this morning.... and heard a really great guy speak. It's almost the end of my 6 month commitment as secretary of my favorite saturday morning meeting....
The topic was taking a second to pause. Taking a second to really look at the 24 hours ahead of yourself...
Im afraid sometimes that I am forgetting how bad it was back then.. and really how close that I came to death. I pray that I never go back to that place and time, but I know that it is really that lose to me.
When it all is said and done.. the most major difference in my life today is that there is hope. Hope that was never there before. I know, deep down, that my worst day sober is better then my very worst day drinking. I am so thankful for this Program and for all of the people that are in it that help me get centered...
It is what I need everyday...everyday for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....