Monday, November 24, 2008

The smallest opening

Who would believe that an alcoholic like me could get to this place.
Somewhere that I thought was totally impossible. One thing that I gave
learned through all of this is that I have to re examine my definition
of the world impossibe. Because it has changed for me.
Nine months ago today I was going back into the Beacon House...and all
that I knew was that I was beaten. I couldn't control it or ever hope
to. I needed the help of others. And those others were the ones that
put their hands out
And told me that they had seen this before... And they knew what to do.
I am grateful to all of those people that were there at the
begining...and that are still with me today. Not because of any
obligation... But because this is what we do.
I am proud to be a part of that group.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I hope you don't mind. I have started following your blog and this tag thingy is going around. I am not usually one for these things but I thought it would be fun to get to know a few people from here.

    The rules of being "tagged:"

    · Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
    · Post the rules on your blog.
    · Write 6 random things about yourself.
    · Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
    · Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
    · Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think....