Sunday, November 2, 2008

Honesty...

The people that I choose to surround myself with is something that really amazes me..like last night i was at a meeting. That before i went to i wasnt really in the mood to be there at all..but thats the time that i really need to be at a meeting. It was a good meeting most of the way ...but i could feel my mind wondering all over the place. I started to pray to try to ask for a little help with this. because i knew that there was some reason for me to be there..
then a good friend of mine. another person that is early in soberity like myself.....the topic of the meeting was honesty..and he proceeded to say that he had relapsed a couple of times in his soberity..i could tell that this was eating up his insides....so he said something about it..and it made me almost start to cry....this was what my life was looking like. people that had the balls to do things like that because it was eating them up insides....thats who i want to be around. because thats how i want my life to be like...
the word honesty was totally foreign to me before i started my journey in the program...i always thought that i knew what honesty was...but it was my idea of honesty. and it wasnt what i wanted to be...now im on a different track. and i like what road im on....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....