Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I guess I consider myself lucky..

When i think about my journey i have to really realize how lucky i am. No matter what...I dont have to drink today. The obsession to drink has been lifted from me. thanks to a power greater then myself...because there is no way that i had anything to do with it..
and as my father says..."Rich...ya didn't do shit"
and for the first time in my life...i know that is true. i had no hand in any of it...
Then I think about all of the people who choose to go out and do a little more research about their disease...like they need a little more understanding about how much it kicks there ass. I am so glad today that i don't have to do that anymore...i am free of that. and its because of the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous and a loving higher power...
but i think of the analogy of someone slamming their head into a brick wall...over and over. trying to get rid of a headache...when really there is a way that has worked for so many people...
sometimes i have to stop and pray while i am in a meeting...while i am hearing people tell their stories of wondering what they have to do...to get this..that they just cant get it. and they keep going out.
and i find myself just getting really frustrated...wanting to say something. but thats not how i do it now. i do it differently now...i do alot of things differently..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....