Sunday, January 5, 2014

Nice Little Packages


I have been thinking a lot about many different things lately.  My head has been moving in different directions..  different thoughts and different emotions swimming around in there and sometimes if feels like I don't have any control of them.

Yesterday I was in a meeting and something just struck me. It was the beginning of the meeting and we were reciting the Serenity Prayer...  I just really started to think about the words and how they applied to me.

Every single word of that prayer had a direct impact on me and those words just kind of flowed over me like water...

God... grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change... the courage to change the things I can.. and the wisdom to know the difference.

It pretty much covers everything in just one long sentence. It covers everything that I am thinking about in once nice little package.  All of the things that I cannot change but I want to have have control over... like that control is going to change the outcome of anything.

I am leaving to go see a dear old friend of mine in Oregon after work today. I am pretty excited to go because I have not seen him in like 8 years or so... that is way too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....