Friday, February 26, 2010

Two Years and Counting..

So today is my two year sobriety birthday.. this year moved by alot faster then the first year did.. and it was quite the ride.. the second year that is. I wouldnt have it any other way. i started the day off with my morning meeting, and it was the best way to get the day started. I was given a beautiful donut birthday gift with 2 candles sticking out of it.. it was one of the biggest donuts that i have ever seen in my life. I was almost scared of it..
Then after the meeting I went to my recovery house.. where my recovery all started to me.. I consider my sobriety date the second that I first walked into that house. Well the second time that I walked into that house.. . So I got to see some of the people that were in the house right now.. and I got to tell them a little of my story.. and discribe to them that I was exactly where they were 2 years ago. and that they were in the right place..
Then I went to work.. and its where I want to be on this day, because its where I have to practice paticiene. This really wasnt my day.. it was my higher powers day. Thats all that I really needed to know..

I went to my favorite meeting this evening.. the mens meeting that i first went to when i came back into after i went out.. the place that i first really let go and listened to the men around me... the first place that i shut up and listened.. and i heard alot tonight..
i heard how you have to stand up for what you believe.. and take a stand. it was just what i needed..

So here we go into year three... i love being sober. I love living like this.. living and learning from those around me.. every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....