Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It all Crashed.

We were reading Bill's Story in my morning meeting and it seemed that
this morning it was really hitting alot of us in the room. My
homegroup has alot of people with alot of time that have read that
chapter many times. There is always something different everytime.
What was really grabbing me this time was his discription of himself
towards the end...the hopelessness and the madness. When the delerium
started to set in. I started to think about how I was when my DT's
started to settle I over my head. How Bill describes dragging his
matress downstairs and putting it outside his window just in case he
jumped. How I felt when all that I thought would save me was jumping
of something alot bigger.
How a belief in a power greater then himself would return him to
sanity. And how full of crap I thought that was when I first came in.
Now I know that it's Alcoholics Anonoymous that has helped me discover
a higher power that is mine for the first time.
It's so amazing that a drunk that hit bottom thanks in part to the
stock market crash of 39 would start this whole thing. Thank God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....