Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Game On!!

It's crazy to me just how much you can lose with this disease. Things
that you have loved your whole life..things that were once part of
your healthy identity. Good things that you were once known for and
respected for. All of a sudden these things become more and more less
important in your life. Then they are all the way gone. Just poof
right in front of your face. For me other things just seemed to take
precident. Drinking just moved right in front of itnall.
I bet you are wondering why I'm saying all of this...well ..I signed
up for a hockey league tonite. I had started playing when I was 10.
Played very competitively for a very long time. And then my drinking
and using seemed to be more important. I haven't played in 3 years.
It's time. This is
A really big thing for me. But it really is time. Wish me luck. Hope I
don't break a hip.


Richie Fredell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....