Sunday, March 8, 2009

It Just as Easy...Could of Been.

One of those clear cut examples that shows itself..letting you know that you are exactly where you should be. But it just as easy could of been a whole lot different...just showed itself. As I was coming to work this morning...I saw an old friend that I had met while I was in treatment. Just about one year ago...he happened to be very close to me because we both had come in at around the same time. And we were naturally drawn to each other because we had both come back to the treatment center for a second try at it..both of us were equally beaten and broken. willingness and desperation was in no short supply for the two of us as we talked about how were were both going to change the whole thing...from the ground up. Change people, places and the things that we had no chance of controlling....a year ago.
He is at the other end of the spectrum right now. On the street....lower then ever before. and I can look at what a blessing that I have been given with my last year. A year of recovery...and i can reach out my hand and let him know that there is a meeting right down the street at noon.
I started to introduce myself as a grateful alcoholic...i am grateful for all of things that have brought me to this point. All of the decisions that I have made..with the help of my higher power and the people around me. Wow...how things can change all around you...and when it all comes down to it ...i have my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....