Monday, May 31, 2010

Hope.... is the opposite of fear.


Sometimes you have to just sit back and marvel in the pure genius of the whole thing. I have to remember that my Higher Power's plan is so much better then the plan that I have for myself. That I have to really just get out of the way and feel it. There are things that right there in front of me.
This is a really great weekend for me.. or at least it has been so far.

I hung out with a friend of mine that is in the program.. someone that is very very close to me in sobriety time. Like the closest person that I know. We got sober right at the same time.

We went to a morning meeting that takes place every Sunday.. but the real amazing thing about this meeting where it takes place..... right in the middle of a redwood forest, down the beautiful California Coast, in Big Sur. In this place if you have any qualms about the existence of something greater then yourself... they really go right out the window.



This meeting's topic was Hope. Something that is near and dear to my heart. Something was said by someone there, Fear is the opposite of Hope. I knew that, but It amazes me how much I forget it. That was i have in front of me is Hope, when all there used to be was fear.

Being comfortable in my own skin... and with other people. Pure Gold. I love this life. Love my Sobriety.

I take a moment.. to remember all of those who serve this country. Wherever they are... and I don't care the reason that they are.. they are.  To those that have died to protect the country that I love.

I take a moment to think about all of those who are still out there... searching for something..  anything to change. Just like me over 2 years ago.
  Happy Memorial Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....