Sunday, April 18, 2010

something precious.


Today has been quite the whirlwind day.. It started off just beautifuly.. went out to breakfast with someone that I really admire and respect and had a great conversation about God.. I just really wanted some help with nailing down a good concept of my higher power..
Like I have said before.. I know that there is a God, I know that I am not that God.. but I really needed some help from someone that knows more about the subject of spirituality then I do..
because there is something that I have come to learn.. that quiting the drinking isnt the reason that I am here.. I know that there is a bigger plan for me in this life. I know that he has something much bigger for me.. I am here for the spirital side of the program now. I really want to take that next step in my existance.
The whole day was going great with that.. then I took the picture that is above.. awesome. Listening to the baseball game. Well.. lets just say that we were on our way to a victory.. and then with one little mistake the whole thing slipped away.. and i sent me into a little baby tizzy. Not half as bad as it would of been when I was drinking..
I wouldnt be speaking with anyone for the rest of the night.. or until i had enough to drink in me and all of the shit talking was done. Then... I would be speaking.. I was not the best person to be around when the Giants lost... and towards the later part of my drinking, they lost alot.
But.. whatever, thats over. And I have had a great day. I have learned alot today...like

Recovery is regaining something precious that was lost..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....