Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dear Expectations. You Suck

Yeah I know what you are going to say.. if you don't have expectations then you will never get hurt. In my life that is really very hard to do. Especially when the person that you have set the expectations for is someone that you really care about and is pretty close to you..
It was really pretty amazing how worked up I got last night when a friend of mine flaked on me.. after doing the same thing over two weeks ago when we tried to do the same thing. I mean really, two times in a row. While it was happening I was trying to tell my self.. "no way, not two times in a row".  But yes, that is exactly what happened...
But then at the same time.. I went to sleep last night actually in a pretty good place. The reason for this was that I had to remember that I am not the center of the world. If this would of happened a couple of years ago I would of retaliated against this person.. and that would of meant that I wouldnt be talking to that person again.. Well I guess that is how all of this goes... and I am not the center of the universe.

In other news.. I am going back to the health class that I spoke two a couple of months ago to tell my story... Its really nice because I get to tell the shock value story.. and not the recovery based story. Now don't get me wrong. I love to tell that story but I tell it alot in meetings. So this one is the real down and dirty of my addiction... and it gets really scary for people who have never been presented with it..
Thanks for listening.. it has been a little while since I have written. I am back though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....