Monday, March 22, 2010

You can Learn Alot.

Tonight I have been having one of those evenings that I know God is talking to me.. and for the first part of it I really wasnt listening.. not hearing a word of it at all.
It all started with something not happening the way that I wanted it to... and I felt like I was owed something. Like I was the one that was entitled.. but thats not the way that it was supposed to happen.. and I was really very bummed about the whole situation...
Then something happened that I really wasnt expecting.. at all. I encountered someone from my past on facebook. Someone that I owed a HUGE amends to.. it was one of those amends that was one of the first that you wrote down on your 8th step.. yeah one of those.
During the last year of my drinking I was a real ass to one person in particular. Actually I was a selfish ass to alot of people, but I was a complete douche to this person. I knew that there was going to be a time in my life that I was going to have to say something to this person because with her I went way over the line... but as an alcoholic, it was a classic case.  To me I was the victim of the whole thing.. and she was the problem. Not the copious amounts of alcohol that I was drinking on an hourly basis... no it could never be that.
I remember when I was sitting in rehab... thinking about all of the shit that had happened.... one of the first concrete things that I can remember thinking was... i really owe her an amends. I was the problem in every situation that I was in.. I was the common denominator... and with her, I had my first evidence....
.
so.. thanks God, for guiding me through my night. Everything happened exactly how it was supposed to..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....