Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Whole New Way Of Thinking

So I can say that life has been moving right along pretty nicely. Everything working out in my favor pretty much. There are always going to be bumps in the road...or so I'm told at least. But for the most part...it's all been pretty good.
So my van...my chariot of soberity...is having some problems. She is sick. And I am back on the bus for now. But for some reason that I can't explain...it's all good. Deep down I know that everything is going to be alright. It sort of feels like a freeing thing. It has really slowed me down. But I guess that it's the way that it's supposed to be.
When I actually have the time to look around...I am doing really pretty dang good for myself. I am alive. I have a rad job. I have a place to live and I like the people I live with. They are very down for their soberity. That's what I need around me right now.
I see people who are really down and out and I think about how it once was. How it could be solved with a drink. How that's not an option anymore.
I'm pretty lucky.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....