Saturday, October 26, 2013

Conversations are Priceless


Wow I used to think that conversations were all about me... basically relaying how great I though that I was. I just wanted everyone to know what I thought that i knew....

I don't remember conversations that really had a lot of meat to them. I know that there were a lot of drunken talk about plans that were made... dinners and brunches that were planned that never happened. Sometime we would talk about how we would want to change the world from our bar stool...  but you all know how that goes. Basically there was a lot of whiskey fueled hot air that was coming out of my mouth.

The reason that i am bringing this up right now is because I have had some amazing conversations in the last couple of days with my amazing friend. My birthday was a couple of days ago and I was floored by just how much love that I received... I know how many people out there love me but this was just amazing to me. I totally cried when I got up and say all of the texts and messages that I received.

Most of them were people saying hello and how much they loved be... but some of them were really deep heartfelt expressions of gratitude.  I was walking through the whole day like I was on cloud nine.. It was the best birthday that I had ever had in my life. I know that people say that every year but I cannot remember a better birthday for me.

During the last week I have had some conversations with friends... and new friends that have really shown me just how important it is to have people that you can connect with on a deeper level. I guess as I get old I just don't care about a lot of that surface, chit-chat kind of conversation.

That is what I am striving for in my life these days. Deep connecting conversations....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....