Saturday, October 11, 2008

Days of Grace

So I had another beautiful example of how much my life has changed in the last months. I chaired a meeting that i really truly love this morning. I was floored that I was even given the oppertunity to do it. When I was asked by the secratery I really could'nt believe it...
So this morning...I sat in front of a large group of people that I really respect and shared about a passage that I had chosen in the Big Book...It was all centered around my quest for acceptance and for true relationships...All through my life, from when I could earliest remember...
Through trying to get attention from my father who wasnt there, or from my mother who was using, or from slinging drinks from behind a bar...i just wanted someone there. And I never could find it...so i tried to find it the only way that I knew how...booze.
Then when that didnt work for me anymore....and almost killed me I turned to a group of strangers. And these strangers where there for me...with an amount of resolve and expertise that I would of never imagined. This was the group that would become my family..this was the group that would save my life....
A very close friend of mine asked me a couple of days ago....Don't you just love our new family??
I think that it summed it up very nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....