Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Grace

Amazing grace how sweet the sound. That saved a wretch like me.
Why is it that some good people have to die? And some real assholes
get to live...as you can see I'm being really spiritual today. But
that's what's in my head right now ..
The day started off pretty damn good. I hadn't been to my morning
meeting in a couple of days and was pretty excited to go. Met up with
my friend and joked as we walked into our meeting. Right on time as
usual.
Then we heard that one of our own had passed away. Her name was
Shannon. And she was in pretty early in soberity like myself. A really
warm and truly caring individual who was loved by everyone. Someone
who was really on the right track...one that was right there with you
in recovery. She will be missed by us all. Like someone said in our
meeting this morning...she graduated.
Well the sun was out for you today Shannon. God took back an angel..as
a very special friend of mine put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think....